I often try to think about how Dave and I got to where we are today and I can honestly say that I really don't know. Sure we argued, fought, cried, laughed and watched our kids grow into adults together but really, where did the time go and how did we get here?
30 years is a long time for almost anything but to be married for that long seems "old fashion" and in turn makes me feel a little old as well. I say this with all respect to my parents who today are celebrating 54 years together.
But when it is all said and done, I guess we were just meant to be together and I can't imagine the last 30 years nor the next 30, 50, OK, let's say 100 years without him.
So what does this have to do with my normal trip planning? It makes me realize how special traveling is and how lucky am I to be able to see new places. I would still be amazed at all the wonderful places that the world has to offer but the experience is as much about who you are with and not just where you are going.
For me travel soothes my soul and each time I go some where new or different I feel just a little richer because of it. From Keyna to Myrtle Beach to the White Mountains, each place has allowed me to experience at least one new thing. I think everyone should take the time to travel and just be in awe. You don't need to be rich or have oodles of free time or even go far, you just need to open your mind and go some where new and just enjoy.
This time our adventures will take us to St. John in the USVI. When I asked Dave what he wanted to do for our anniversary he said go somewhere and hang out on a beach for a couple of weeks. Well, you don't have to tell me twice so I started looking and found a great rate and route to St. Thomas but decided we would ferry over to STJ as it seems to be a bit quieter than it's sister isle and that suits us a little better.
A bit of research also shows that St John has much to offer in the way of snorkeling, hiking and great views. Pair that up with a few drinks and some good food and we should be all set.
I rented a two bedroom villa in the Chocolate Hole area called Seascape which faces southwest and hopefully gets us some great views and maybe a few good sunsets too. In my pursuit to be well informed and armed with info I scoured the trip advisor forums and also found one on www.virgin-islands-on-line.com which had many STJ experts to find out advise on beaches, snorkeling and food. I found that even though I had done some research, I felt it was not as much as I had for some previous trips but I didn't feel like there was as much to need to know ahead of time for this trip.
So, the adventure begins.
Friday, October 12, 2012
My how time flies.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment