Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 3 - 10/15 - Hanging Out

Last night was filled with lots of lightning, wind and rain and when we woke this morning it seemed like the wind was still pretty strong at the villa. Dave isn't feeling too good this morning so we decide it will be villa day and hang around the pool.
Once Dave feels a little better we have some breakfast which is eggs and bacon for me and just toast for Dave.
I head to the pool only to find that it is filled with the debris from last night's storm. Where's the pool boy when you really need your pool cleaned? Not to worry how hard can it be, I just have to find the skimmer and I should be all set.
As I am headed to the storage space under the villa to look for the skimmer I am distracted by the biggest hermit crab that I have seen. For those of you that remember my encounter on Green Turtle Cay with what was at the time, the biggest hermit crab that I had ever seen, trust me this one was much bigger by far. His shell was about the size of my fist and boy could he move. Dave is still upstairs so I yell for him to grab my camera because you know I just have to get this on video. But wait, the crab senses Dave coming with the camera and plays dead. I take a couple of pictures but I wait him out because I am just fascinated watching these guys move especially when they are so big. So, I plant myself further down the path and just wait. Finally my patience pays off and he starts to move toward me again. I get my long awaited video and am so proud, I'm off to go show Dave who of course just laughs at me.
 

Now what was I doing? Oh yeah, the pool....
OK, maybe it is harder than I thought, by now Dave has joined me and we are looking in the storage space under the villa but no skimmer. Dave pulls out the pool vacuum but of course it won't suck up the bigger leaves at the bottom of the pool. I head back under the villa and find a circular device that has a net attached to it....hmmmmm. It has wheels and a place for a hose to attach to it. So we conclude that if we attach a hose, the pressure of the water will circulate the leaves and they will rise and become trapped in the net.....we are wicked smaht! Now I know all you people with pools out there are probably laughing your butts off at us but here's the kicker, after we went through all this, Dave was emptying the net from the last device and when he leans over the deck guess what he finds....yep, the skimmer...hahahaha!!!!
The work was worth it because the pool, while a little cool is refreshing. The rest of our day is spent getting in the pool to cool off, getting out to dry off and then repeating several times, except for that 15 minutes when it poured and we got our stuff inside just before the rain hit.
Dinner tonight was at as place called Spyglass which is on the second floor overlooking the beach in Cruz Bay. Dave got the Papaya Glazed Chicken and I had the Coconut Habanero Shrimp. Both were good and with the great view and the good conversation with our waiter Caleb, we were happy, full and ready to head back to the villa.

No comments:

Post a Comment