Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 8 - 10/20 - Trunk Bay Day

Woke up to what looks to be a pretty good day and once again took our time getting ourselves together. After a bit of discussion, we decide to head to Trunk Bay beach.
Trunk is one of the most picturesque and therefore the most photographed beach on STJ and possibly all of the Caribbean.
I get lucky and find a disposable waterproof camera at the shop at Trunk Bay......woo-hoo!! The beach here is beautiful. Nice white sand as far as you can see with the gorgeous turquoise colored water that you only see in pictures and the water is warm and refreshing.
Many of the beaches here are right along a line of grape trees so there are little nooks where you can plant yourself and feel a bit secluded no matter how busy any beach is. We arrived fairly early so we picked out our preferred spot and settled in for the day.
First order of business is to get in the water and relax. Okay, technically we are already relaxed but this is taking in to a different level.
Hanging out and people watching are some of our favorite things to do but we also enjoy fish watching and there is some coral here along with a trail that the National Park service has put underwater to help inform people about what they are and might see. The path is to the left of a small island that is just off shore so we get ready, get all our gear on and start to head out. Crap! I forgot my new underwater camera, I'm not going back now!!!!
It's a good thing I didn't go back for my camera because there wasn't much to see and I would have been bummed if I went all the way back for my camera and there was nothing to take a picture of. Dave and I snorkeled all around this little island but there really wasn't much. At least we got plenty of exercise.
Back on the beach we spend the rest of the day in the water, walking the beach and hanging out in our chairs and watching all the people. This by far the busiest beach we have been to thus far but I still think it was well worth coming here. Great day.
We head back and get ready for dinner which tonight was at the Beach Bar. Dave had a shrimp po-boy and I had shrimp and chips (fries) that had a nice tarter sauce with a little spice to it.
Back at the villa, tonight is movie night so we hook up my tablet to the TV and watch Snow White and the Huntsman...not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment